The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally-driven, organizational and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces. Since our inception in 2004, we have supported over 60 education-focused local organizations such as primary schools, government agencies, vocational training entities, universities, and education non-profit organizations worldwide.
Scope and Objectives
The Kaizen Company is seeking a Chief of Party to lead the anticipated Data and Evidence for Education Programs (DEEP) activity, providing a global platform for aggregating, managing, analyzing and reporting data and evidence across USAID’s Education Strategy goals. The activity will provide support and capacity building to USAID Missions around the world as well as USAID in Washington, D.C., in establishing strong and rigorous data systems that ensure consistent and continuous monitoring and evidence building on the effectiveness of education programs. The Chief of Party will lead a global team of technical experts in education research and data analysis, and will be expected to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Provide overall project vision, technical leadership and management
- Lead work planning, budget/spending benchmarks, procurement processes, and human resources related efforts
- Serve as the point of contact from the contract with USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders
- Achieve program results efficiently and effectively in compliance with USAID, US Government policies and procedures and within local government regulations
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work
- Ensure the completion of timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract
- Report regularly to Kaizen Home Office, providing timely updates of all situational and program developments
- Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities
- Advanced degree in relevant field (such as education, economics, international affairs, political science, organizational development) or closely related. PhD preferred
- At least 10 years of professional experience working with issues related to planning, design, and performance management of international development assistance programs, preferably those funded by USAID
- At least 5 years of education program experience, specifically in the areas of assessment, training, and project implementation
- At least 5 years of experience as a Chief of Party or a Country Director of a development project in the field, preferably for an education project
- Technical knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Demonstrated experience to manage a complex program, including the recruitment and supervision of long and short-term staff and consultants
- Strong understanding of multi-sectoral development theory and thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; knowledge of foreign language: French, Spanish, other, a plus
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
- Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.