The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is a development consulting firm that cultivates innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. For more than a decade, Kaizen has brought innovation into the world of donor-funded international development in Africa, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America/Caribbean, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia. In parallel, Kaizen has been incubating innovations to scale through market forces to achieve development objectives without the need for donor funding.
We are currently seeking a full-time individual to lead our corporate finance and accounting efforts. The successful candidate will provide regular financial analysis, facilitate financial planning, and maintain the financial systems and records of our small, but rapidly growing firm. The position provides the opportunity for an individual to play a key role in helping to manage the strategic and financial growth of our mission-driven, for-profit organization. The candidate will join our home office team based in Washington, DC office. The specific responsibilities and qualifications are listed below.
- Lead corporate financial planning and provide regular, monthly financial analysis of corporate finances to Kaizen leadership who rely and benefit from financial information to make informed business decisions and guide company strategic and tactical decisions.
- Manage a team of 1 to 2 individuals supporting accounting and finance
- Responsible for day-to-day financial management and bookkeeping, accounts payable, payroll, vacation tracking, petty cash, monthly closes, cash flow requests, tax filings, annual budgeting and audit support.
- Compile and track the organization’s indirect rates on an annual basis and manage annual Incurred Cost Submissions.
- Maintain and update the organization’s annual budget with actual costs and projected expenses on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the organization’s finance and accounting systems are compliant with US government requirements and regulations.
- Maintain and update the organization’s home office and field office accounting procedures manuals as necessary.
- Assist in setting up field office accounting systems and reviewing field office financial reports on a monthly basis.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible accounting and finance experience in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- Desire to work in an informal, yet innovative and solutions-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability and interest to grow personal skills, capacities, and responsibility.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Advanced proficiency in Unanet, Quickbooks and MS Excel.
- Understanding of US Government accounting requirements and regulations.
- Experience supporting USAID-funded projects is a must.
- Familiarity with accounting procedures for foreign bank accounts is a plus.