Management Information Systems (MIS) and MEL Officer
About The Kaizen Company
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (the Activity) Overview
Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity is designed to ensure USAID’s activities in Jordan achieve their intended results through monitoring and evaluation, strategic assessments, and USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach (CLA). Kaizen will help USAID/Jordan create a dynamic learning environment among development actors, focused on innovation, quality, and knowledge sharing. Through the Kaizen Accelerator, a rapid procurement mechanism, a cohort of Jordanian firms will work with the Activity to successfully deliver activities while simultaneously strengthening their management and compliance systems. The Kaizen approach will provide USAID with high-quality MEL services across its portfolio, build the capacity of local MEL institutions, and ensure programs meaningfully incorporate local participation. The Activity will ensure program sustainability by building the technical and institutional capacity of one or more local firms that are capable of managing the follow-on MEL Activity in the future.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The purpose of this MIS & MEL Officer position is to support the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Team. This position will be reporting directly to the MIS Manager. It is anticipated that the position will spend approximately 70% of their time supporting MIS assignments, and 30% on MEL tasks.
Under the MIS work, the Officer will support the MIS Manager in providing technical and advisory services to USAID/Jordan Program Office and technical teams in maintaining and operating the Mission’s knowledge management platforms. This includes the web-based performance management system DevResults, DIS and the online Knowledge Management Portal - KaMP (https://jordankmportal.com/).
Under the MEL duties of the position, the Officer will support the MEL team in elements such as maintaining the Activity’s indicator tracking, reviewing MEL Plans, supporting desk research for evaluations and assessments, analyzing and visualizing training outcomes, developing surveys on SurveyMonkey, and other tasks as required.
Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Support USAID Jordan’s Program Office in operating and maintaining DevResults.
- Support USAID Jordan’s Program Office during the Performance Plan and Report (PPR) and Portfolio Review period, including verifying data in the DevResults system, working with Implementing Partners to populate their performance data, generating indicator reports, and conducting analyses of data as needed.
- Help M&E Specialists and Technical Teams coordinate, collect, and consolidate quantitative and qualitative performance management and impact data, as well as indicator information.
- Provide first line support for both staff in using DevResults to collect, manage, and utilize monitoring data.
- Participate in developing outreach and training programs to encourage enthusiastic use of the system.
- Support the population and utilization of USAID/Jordan KaMP, a web-based repository of development information resources designed to improve sharing of data and information between the USAID/Jordan Mission, local implementing partners and development organizations within Jordan.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or any relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic, both verbally and written.
- Experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working in USAID projects is strongly preferred.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.