Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Consultant
About The Kaizen Company
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (MELA) Overview
MELA is designed to ensure that USAID’s activities in Jordan achieve their intended results through monitoring and evaluation, strategic assessments, and USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting approach (CLA). Kaizen will help USAID/Jordan create a dynamic learning environment among development actors, focused on innovation, quality, and knowledge sharing. Through the Kaizen Accelerator, a rapid procurement mechanism, a cohort of Jordanian firms will work with Kaizen's MELA team to successfully deliver activities while simultaneously strengthening their management and compliance systems. The Kaizen approach will provide USAID with high-quality MEL services across its portfolio, build the capacity of local MEL institutions, and ensure programs meaningfully incorporate local participation. The MELA team will ensure program sustainability by building the technical and institutional capacity of one or more local firms that can manage the follow-on MEL Activity in the future.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The MEL Consultant will report to and work closely with the Senior MEL Specialist overseeing activities.
Responsibilities and tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting technical reviews for assessments, evaluations, learning studies, annual polls, population-based surveys, baseline surveys, etc.
- Conducting Data Quality Assurance (DQA).
- Supporting MELA with USAID PMP and CDCS reviews.
- Performance monitoring, accountability measures, and data verification.
- Conducting technical reviews of Activity MEL Plans of USAID’s implementing partners. This includes reviewing Theory of Change (ToC), results frameworks, Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS), etc.
- Supporting the evaluation teams in data collection and data analysis.
- Performing other MEL related tasks as requested by the client.
- University degree in MEL or related fields, including subject matter experts.
- Minimum of five years of experience in MEL.
- Familiarity with the USAID MEL processes and tools.
- Experience working in Jordan is an asset.
- Experience working in USAID MEL Activities is an asset.
- Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and concisely, both orally and in writing, in fluent English. Extensive report writing experience is required. Proficiency in Arabic is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host government officials, USAID staff, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and present logically and persuasively to senior officials and partners in a multi-cultural context.
- Open to CCN, TCN and USN consultants.
Specialization Development Areas (including but not limited to):
- Economic growth, private sector engagement.
- Water sector programming.
- Democracy, human rights, and governance programs.
- Education, health, and resilience programs for vulnerable groups.
- Gender, social inclusion, women, and youth across all development objectives.
- Other development areas supported by USAID.
Kaizen, a Tetra Tech company, is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of Kaizen as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.