Organizational Transformation Specialists
Position Title: Organizational Transformation Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Eligibility: Ethiopian Nationals Only
Duration: Until April 2028
Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
Kaizen is the prime implementer in Ethiopia and Djibouti of the $48 million USAID Learning Analytics Activity, which combines with the $12 million USAID Learning Adaptation Activity to form the USAID Learning Project. We are seeking up to six Organizational Transformation Specialists with diverse backgrounds in strategic management consulting, organizational development, agile innovation, and continuous improvement to support the USAID/Ethiopia and USAID/Djibouti Missions across their portfolios. Ideal candidates will have expertise in one or more of the following sectors: Health; Economic Growth & Resilience; Education & Youth; Democracy & Governance; Humanitarian Relief; Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene; and Climate Change. Experience with organizational development efforts at the USAID/Ethiopia and USAID/Djibouti Missions, other international development organizations, and/or government entities is highly preferred. The Organizational Transformation Specialists will report to the Director of Organizational Transformation.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Develop and maintain close collaborative relationships with one or more USAID/Ethiopia technical Offices and USAID/Djibouti
- Design and implement demand-driven interventions to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness, manage organizational change, and catalyze the evolution of organizational culture.
- Design and implement facilitated working sessions and retreats on key organizational transformation topics.
- In collaboration with Learning Adaptation Activity counterparts, support the advancement of programmatic and learning innovation through the Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA) process – especially points of adaptive management.
- Extend organizational transformation support to USAID implementing partners, Government of Ethiopia and Djibouti partners, other donors, and other members of the international development community – as needed.
- Remain at the forefront of cutting-edge organizational development, innovation, and transformation approaches and their application to the Ethiopian and Djiboutian contexts.
- Support Activity reporting and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management, or another relevant discipline
- At least five years of experience with strategic management consulting, organizational development, agile innovation, continuous improvement, or other relevant fields.
- Expertise in one or more of the following technical sectors:
- Economic Growth & Resilience
- Education & Youth
- Democracy & Governance
- Humanitarian Relief
- Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene
- Climate Change
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Strong ability to forge collaborative partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-expert audiences.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Amharic.
- Experience supporting USAID/Ethiopia, USAID/Djibouti, other international development organizations, and /or Government of Ethiopia or Djibouti entities.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.