The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals.
We leverage existing knowledge, technology, and new media, and local peer networks to support local reforms. Since our inception, we have provided support to more than 100 government, private-sector, and non-profit organizations in markets worldwide. We have created solutions that achieve outcomes across a broad range of sectors including education, governance, economic growth, environment and water, energy, and global law enforcement.
Scope and Objectives
Kaizen is currently seeking Organizational Strengthening Specialists to support an upcoming development project with USAID/Kenya and East Africa to strengthen human and institutional capacity development (HICD) for regional intergovernmental organizations (RIGOs). This project will enable the RIGOs to fulfill their mandates, to provide leadership to the development agenda in the region, and to ensure the long-term sustainability of development programming. The Organizational Strengthening Specialist will provide technical capacity development support to RIGOs and coordination of organizational development activities. This position will require frequent travel.
- A Master’s Degree or higher in degree in economics, development studies, public administration, business management, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in organizational development, local capacity building, and change management, especially in East Africa. USAID experience preferred.
- HICD experience; CPT or HPI certification are strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience conducting assessments; Experience with USAID Organizational Performance Index measurement tool (OPI) or its equivalent preferred
- Professional-level fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong facilitation, communication, presentation, and training skills
- Strong teamwork and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated professional excellence, excellent writing ability, and ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff.
- High-level of proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The Organizational Strengthening Specialist will provide performance improvement expertise and overall coordination and support to RIGO working groups.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the project and RIGOs
- Provide technical support and expertise in HICD best practices
- Plan and implement performance assessments to identify areas requiring improved performance and strengthened human and institutional capacity that address the unique context and needs of each RIGO and its performance at the individual, work, and organizational level.
- Develop and implement specific performance solutions packages for each RIGO to address the root causes of performance gaps identified in the performance assessment.