Partnerships Incubator - Central African Republic Market Research Consultant(s)
Position: Central African Republic (CAR) Market Research Consultant(s)
Anticipated Start Date: October 24, 2022
Location: Central African Republic or Virtual
Project: New Partnerships Initiative Incubator (Partnerships Incubator)
Contract Duration: October 24, 2022 - March 30, 2023
Project Director: Donna Vincent Roa, Ph.D., ABC, CDPMⓇ
The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational, and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces.
The Kaizen Company is seeking applications for the position of Market Research Consultant(s) for the USAID-funded New Partnerships Initiative Incubator (Partnerships Incubator).
About the Partnerships Incubator
The Partnerships Incubator delivers technical assistance and capacity building support to potential and current USAID partners such that they are better capable of managing USAID awards while successfully delivering stronger development outcomes.
The Consultant(s) will work closely with the Partnerships Incubator and remote and local consultant(s) to deliver a partner landscape assessment (market research). The Consultant(s) will be responsible for performing interviews with a range of local organizations in CAR, including non-governmental organizations (NGOs). The Consultant(s) will ensure that final work products are error-free, consistent, and accurate.
Main roles and responsibilities include:
- Work with the remote and local consultant(s) to identify organizations to include in the landscape assessment.
- Under the guidance of the lead consultant and on an agreed upon timeline, perform interviews with local organizations based on the protocol approved by the client.
- Sectors will include food assistance; civilian protection; water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH); and civilian shelter.
- Organizations will include non-governmental organizations.
- Send raw interview data and relevant notes to the team lead and other consultant team members on a daily basis, ensuring the accuracy of the content and verifying the accuracy of all referenced information.
- Assist with the final written analysis, ensuring the accuracy of the content and verification of all referenced information.
- Meet a tight deadline based on client needs.
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, statistics, international development, journalism, communications, humanities, or a related field.
- Minimum two years of experience consulting within the international development sector.
- Preferably based in Bangui, CAR.
- Experience in evaluation and assessment design methodologies and qualitative data analysis.
- Experience implementing and conducting USAID assessments and evaluations is preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required..
- Fluency in written and spoken French is required.
- Fluency in other local languages is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have served clients or completed projects in CAR and worked with CAR civil society.
- Detail-oriented, analytically-minded, and multi-tasker.
- USAID experience is a bonus, but not required.
Start Date: As early as October 24, 2022 or sooner
Level of Effort: 300 hours
Initial Term: 6 months
If you are interested in this position and have most or all of the desired qualifications, please submit a resume, a cover letter explaining key qualifications and availability, and the names and contact information for three references (professional and/or academic) by October 10, 2022. The Kaizen Company may hire up to four consultants for this opening. Reviews may begin prior to the application deadline.
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.