Senior Program Manager Consultant (Part-Time)
Position: (Part-Time) Senior Program Manager Consultant
Anticipated Start Date: o/a December 15, 2022
Location: Virtual (must be based in the US)
Consultancy Duration: December 12, 2022 – September 29, 2023
Level of Effort: Approx. 18 hours/week
The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational, and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market forces.
The Senior Program Manager Consultant will support a portfolio of USG-funded projects (3-5) by providing guidance and oversight in the areas of HO/FO operations and communication, procurement and compliance, and budgeting and financial reporting. Candidates should possess solid project management experience on USAID-funded projects, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an interest in guiding and mentoring junior staff working in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
Illustrative responsibilities and qualifications for this part-time position are listed below:
- Provide oversight and support to 3-5 USG-funded projects
- Attend regular meetings with Home Office, Field Office, and Sr. Leadership to ensure consistent strategic monitoring of projects
- Support the development of necessary manuals, guidelines, and trainings based on the needs of the Program Management Unit (PMU)
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting
- Provide review and approval of contractual and administrative deliverables as needed
- Graduate degree and six years of directly relevant professional experience OR eight years of directly relevant experience, at least 2 of which include leading project management of USAID-funded programs
- Management experience required
- Demonstrated capacity for managing multi-year program budgets, and familiarity with FAR, AIDAR and ability to learn other USG regulations that apply to Kaizen's current and upcoming initiatives
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Ability to balance and prioritize diverse tasks with limited oversight
- Natural dedication to Kaizen’s Core Values, Vision, and Mission
For candidates applying for positions based in Kaizen's office in Washington, DC, we utilize career.place to mitigate bias in the recruitment process. Upon submitting an application, candidates will receive an email from career.place, prompting them to go through the anonymous screening. In order to be considered for a role, candidates must respond to career.place and proceed with the application. We do not currently use career.place for project positions outside of the United States.
At Kaizen, A Tetra Tech Company, we find strength in our diversity. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We know that we can only do development differently if we are open to and inclusive of new and unique perspectives. We encourage candidates of all abilities, ages, gender identities and expressions, national origins, races and ethnicities, religious beliefs, and sexual orientations to apply. Further, we urge parents and non-parents, married and unmarried, those from different or non-traditional educational backgrounds, and persons of all other diverse identities or experiences to apply. Kaizen is an equal opportunity employer.